Fighter, model, actor, UFC Middleweight Elias Theodorou does it all. The Ultimate Fighter Nations season winner will return to action this weekend when he takes on Daniel Kelly in Sydney.
After a narrow loss to Brad Tavares back in July, Theodorou will look to bounce back when he takes on Judo Olympian Dan Kelly in enemy territory.
Before he takes on Kelly, I caught up with Elias, asking him a fun 21 questions for the fans to get to know him better. Check it out below.
1. Who’s your role model?
2. If you weren’t a fighter, what would you be?
I have a degree in advertising so I’d probably be in the ad world in some capacity and in many ways I promote the brand which is myself.
3. Favorite subject in high school?
History. I’m a big believer that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
4. Dream venue to fight in?
The opportunity to fight all over the world. That’s what got me into martial arts.
5. Hardest thing to refrain from when cutting weight?
6. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Love reading, love US politics and obviously tweeting
7. Who are your favorite fighters to watch?
Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre
8. Favorite sports teams?
I wouldn’t say I have a favorite sports team, I used to skateboard when I was younger so actually I follow a lot of professional skateboarders especially now on Instagram where I can just follow their amazing tricks.
9. Are you good at any other sports?
Yeah skateboarding and I played baseball for a while.
10. What’s your favorite food?
Huge sushi fan
11. Favorite place you’ve ever been to?
12. Which country would you like to visit that you’ve never been to?
I would love to explore Africa. From South Africa to Egypt.
13. What’s your favorite movie & who’s your favorite actor?
My favorite movie is Forrest Gump. For favorite actor I can’t go wrong with some Paul Rudd.
14. What’s your current favorite song?
Renegades of Funk by Rage Against the Machine or Soul to Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
15. Who are your favorite music artists?
Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage Against The Machine.
16. Song on your iPod that you’re embarrassed to have?
TLC – No Scrubs
17. What’s your worst pet peeve?
People telling me that they don’t like what I’m eating.
18. What’s your favourite fight that you’ve ever been in & best fight you’ve ever seen?
Favorite fight is winning The Ultimate Fighter and best fight I’ve ever seen is Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonnar. That’s what drew me to Mixed Martial Arts.
19. Favourite thing to wear when not working out?
I’m usually pretty casual. Nice shoes on, some jeans, a t-shirt and some accessories.
20. Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
One of my best friends Lachlan Cheng. He’s also one of the coaches that I’ve grown up becoming a fighter with and he’s probably one of the smartest guys I know.
21. Finally, what’s one thing that nobody knows about you?
I grew up on a street called Lady Slipper which is a flower.